BD teams are often involved in identifying and selecting which new tech solutions their firm will use. Meetings with vendors are designed to impress and show off all the bells and whistles - most of which you don't actually need.
- How many customers do you have? What % of your users are active?
- Can you introduce me to three raving customers who have used your product for more than 1 year?
- How much time and/or $$ will this save me and my team per year?
- How much does it cost? What is the pricing structure (e.g per user)? Will you raises prices in the future?
- What is your product/feature roadmap?
- How do you plan to help me and my team with implementation?
- What support do you offer for migrating/uploading our documents/data?
- What support do you offer after we go live? Does this cost extra?
- Do you offer a trial? If not, why?
- Can you send through your security protocols and will you speak with my IT team?
Buying legal tech can be a confusing, stressful process, especially when there’s lots of pressure to make the right decision quickly. Questions like these can help you sift through the noise to pick the right tech based on facts and evidence.